Thursday 28 January 2016

Be more Pikachu


Well Pikachu is nearly 6 months now and it seems like she has been with us forever.

She is always happy and always ready to get into mischief. Of course she doesn't know that climbing on the table is mischief, she doesn't know that getting under the gate is mischief, she doesn't know that climbing on agility equipment she hasn't been taught to do is mischief OR does she?

I often admire her positive and can do attitude and being so excited about the smallest things. Then I realised that these are traits I do luckily share.

My positive,if a little naive thoughts, about the changes the KC are making.

When something has to be done then I do usually find a way to get it done.

I even still get excited about many things like Rhyme's first Champ class coming up this weekend, doing the judges course, competing at Crufts, training in a new environment with Rhyme, having new customers etc etc. Yes when it comes down to it I am more Pikachu than I first thought :) 

Here's a few clips of how she is doing with some little training sessions we did this afternoon.























3 comments:

  1. Oh bless her, she is trying so hard. Does she learn very differently to the collies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. only in as much as she finds it hard to be still so for me I have to think about how to engineer props to help me to reward her in the right place before she has moved on to the next thing. Perfect example being the cardboard box I am trying to get her to stop with all 4 feet in :) She is working very hard in the clips when she is waiting and that has taken a while to get to there. Once I can reward at the right time and place she is a clever little monkey and loves trying to work things out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her she tries so hard and enjoys her training 😊

    ReplyDelete