Wednesday 16 April 2014

ISS - it is rocket science


Wow just seen the ISS.

No not internet show services - although that does feature a lot in our lives at the minute.

The International Space Station.

It passed over our house at the predicted time of 9:50 and we saw it for the predicted time of 4 minutes.

It is incredible that science has enabled us to build something like that and launch it into space and for us to know where it will be - again because of science.

I do wonder though why some of this capability of gaining knowledge is not used on more day to day things.

Dog training for example, yes I know its not rocket science but that saying implies anything that isn't rocket science is easy.

Conversely it may mean it has not had as much research put into it.

With dogs being a bigger part of our lives and us living in a capitalistic society that equals more money, science is now looking at our relationship with our dogs more deeply and scientifically.

I am all in favour of this too and would pose science many a question about Rhyme.

For example on Sunday we were all happy around The Old Potting Shed. I was learning to dig my vegetable plot and Mark was enjoying clearing dead wood with his chosen tool of a chainsaw.



The dogs were mooching around between the two of us.

I hadn't seen Rhyme for a couple of minutes and initially thought he was with Mark when I caught sight of him outside the paddock gate.

Wondering how he got there I called him to see his route but he just stood by the gate so I walked over to let him in.

A lady was walking up the lane and asked if he was one of mine.
"Yes I am not sure how he got out though."
"I live in that house opposite and I was just checking he got back ok" she replied.
"Sorry was he in your garden"
"Oh no he was in the house and finished up the cats food"

Well it was great to meet another neighbour who likes dogs and was pleased of the opportunity to meet us. Embarrassed was not quite the word though.

FB confirmed other tales of peoples dogs being the instrument of introduction to their neighbours so science I hope you're up to the challenge. Tracking a personality free piece of hardware in space is not rocket science compared to the workings of the wonders of dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment