Tuesday 8 April 2014

For the love of dogs

Agility is my main hobby - dogs are my main love.

Through agility my dogs and I get both mental and physical stimulation.

When we created Wag and Tone we partly wanted something equally stimulating and rewarding that would be fun for people and dogs that were less competitive in nature and didn't have whole weekends to dedicate to agility.




For my agility dogs it is a class where we can slow down and focus on key muscle groups to improve performance.

Rhyme GymBall Tap


I am so excited about starting a new class near to were we moved to but also a bit nervous. Most of my initial class came from people who knew me through agility and were either agility dogs or older retired dogs so I was in a comfortable place. Once started we had a few pet dogs join us and it was great to spread the word about movement helping build a relationship with your dog.

It is a beautiful thing watching person and dog wrapped up in their own little world stepping in time with the music (or not depending on their want) enjoying the moment.



Watching other dog sports which revolve around a performance it is easy to get locked into that performance and appreciate the bond and work that helped create the performance. I don't think we fully appreciate the dogs enjoyment of that moving together.

In the Wag and Tone class the focus is on fun, on getting a bit fitter, on teaching the dog to do movements on command. It doesn't take long to discover the dogs don't really need the commands - they understand what you are trying to do and how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2RYyCQl7Xk

Some dogs even put their own slant on it - Herbie would lift his legs higher in time with Jenn when we were doing high steps in the warm up.

Sue's Dexi would go to the ladder when he heard the track we initially used on that exercise.

Sue and Dexi Ladder

As I have been writing I notice my nerves have gone:) I am so looking forward to sharing the Wag and Tone experience with a whole bunch of new dogs and people.

The only thing I have to worry about is if the hall is big enough :)

If you're interested in running your own Wag and Tone class the eBook Wag and Tone available through https://www.vivebooks.com/shop/wag-and-tone/?affiliates=16
will tell you all you need to know and we're happy to hear from you and help when we can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment