Wednesday 20 February 2013

Got this yearning learning feeling

I had a privileged childhood. 
We weren't rich & I didn't get everything I thought I wanted. I was the youngest of everyone & was indulged with attention & love. We lived on a traditional council estate in a quiet village (except at Carnival time & my Mum & Dad's Hogmanay party LOL). So what was the privilege? Having great parents who supported us no matter what did and created an atmosphere of never being afraid to ask questions and the value of learning. We didn't have much money yet Dad bought the whole of The Encyclopaedia of Britannica and anything anyone didn't know was duly researched. There was a lot we didn't know & most was forgotten the next day but it was always fun to look :)



To me one of the key skills we can give our children, our dogs and the people we instruct is this yearning to learn. It keeps life as a challenge. The biggest fear a lot of people have is of the unknown so if the unknown is an exciting chance to learn something new, well then you've got nothing to be afraid of :)


Dad was 80 last year and for his present from the family he had a flight in a Biplane :) I haven't got a picture of that yet but here he is just before a helicotor flight we did last year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment