Wednesday 31 October 2012

Remember Remember


Just had time to re read some of That Winning feeling by Jane Savoie and came across a bit I'd forgotten about. Apparently our brain can't distinguish between what is real or imaginary in our memory which could explain why sometimes 2 people will remember the same event totally differently. Also our subconcious will strive to make our thoughts a reality so that if you think that you are having a bad day some how it will conspire to ensure that you do.
It also remembers all those comments we make about ourselves like the one I made today that Rhyme would do better will another handler. Shock horror what an awful thing to say. I would be very disappointed in any of my students if they said that.

Sometimes it's is a reflex dismissal because I don't know how to applaud myself. What I should have said was thank you he's a brilliant dog and together we'll do well :)

Now I need to convince my subconscious mind that it's not what I said but what I meant that matters and focus on helping that come true :)

So remember positive thinking is the way forward and practice saying the right things to get your subconscious mind to help you achieve :)

3 comments:

  1. Thats funny - you have told me off so many times for that kind of negativity.
    I do wonder if the positivity and imagining work the same for all people though, our minds are all programmed differently so I wonder if these techniques are more powerful for some types of people than others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me Linda they do work for everyone if they focus on the right things. It is just that there are a lot of other things to do and think of and if we take our eye off the ball we allow negativity to creep in.
    Admittedly some people do find it easier and then the more success they have the easier it is to be positive.
    You have had a lot of things change in your life in the time I've known you and things have changed much quicker thatn you could have inmagined - that's your subconciious mind working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on a new positive thinking strategy at the moment as I was often negative and have said the same thing about needing a different handler. It does work. I went to Dartmoor show on Sunday, believing in myself and my young George, and he won both classes!!! Grade 4 at 20 months and we deserve it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete