Monday 23 July 2012

Everything happens for a reason


It always seems that however bad things appear for me they always work out for the best.


The bad weather and our policy of not going to as many shows has resulted in no shows for us since the Saturday of Lansdown. It seems an age away and loads of missed opportunities.


The upshot of it is that we have been able to spend time with family and friends and paint our equipment up the field and most importantly I have now got my contacts sorted with Rhyme :)


I had entered agility classes thinking that if I wasn't ready I wouldn't do them but then because I had entered we did them even though we weren't really doing them consistently :(


Having the time off has enabled us to develop a contact method that we both understand reliably so we're now set to go.


With Agility Club this weekend, KC Festival in 3 weeks and then off to The Border Collie Classic in Germany we have some exciting times ahead :)

Meanwhile UpAndOver members that have managed to get to some shows have had some brilliant results the most notable in terms of places is Emma & Star winning up to Grade 4 and Linda & Pip winning up to Grade 2. 


Great achievement too for Dee & Maloney getting 3rd in Grade 1-2 combined and Sandra with Kip getting a 3rd in Grade 3 having just moved up. Sue & Poppy is continuing to do well in Grade 5 having had inspiration from beating myself and Torro is the circular KO at the Hawk Conservancy Demo (I'm not sore about it or anything LOL). I'm sure I've forgotten some others - they really are a great bunch and do very well while having a great time and supporting each other. 


Quite a few of UpAndOver members will be at the UKA Nationals and we wish them loads of luck.




Our dogs are having a real relaxing time in between training - Devo can be a little bit mischievous during the week when Mark is away and I think he misses him.

No comments:

Post a Comment